Functional safety awareness for Engineering, Operations, Maintenance and Project Managers
Including Functional safety management and competency assessment
This one-day workshop is intended to make participants aware of the key factors that need to be considered during the application of the Functional Safety Standards IEC 61511 and IEC 61508 and to enable staff to fulfill their responsibilities, and to perform activities to recognised standards in order to
- demonstrate risk reduction when using SIF protection layers
- satisfy legal and regulatory requirements with respect to Functional Safety
- meet the organisation’s business objectives and contractual commitments.
- The principles and concepts of IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 and Functional Safety Management to address systematic failure avoidance
- Hazard identification, Tolerable risk targets, SIL determination using risk graphs, risk matrices, layers of protection analysis (LOPA) and Fault tree analysis (FTA)
- Developing the Safety Requirements Specification (SRS) and understanding the requirements for validation documentation
- Design and Development of safety-instrumented systems for protecting against process related hazards using the techniques and measures in IEC 61508 and IEC 61511.
- SIL demonstration calculations including, safe failure fractions, hardware fault tolerance, common cause failures (Beta factor correction), proof test interval determination, extracting reliability data from manufacturers certificates, reports and applying confidence levels to the data
- Requirements for proven in use evidence for existing installed equipment.
As this course is not accredited there is no formal assessment, however our team can write a basic competency assessment to suit your needs and provide a certificate of completion.
No previous experience necessary.
Who Should Attend?
Design, Operating and Maintenance Managers, Engineers and Technicians who are involved in any of the Functional Safety lifecycle phases
Thank you for an enjoyable few days of training. It was refreshing to see someone putting the message across in such a helpful and enthusiastic way.